I developed this recipe to fill my need for a quick bite that would be easy to transport and enjoy while on the go. I usually freeze half the batch and keep the rest for the work week. They make a great meal or snack. Use organic ingredients whenever possible.
I use my cassava bread recipe. You will have enough to make 1 – 2 mini loafs after making 12 muffins. I have also used a Simple Mills bread mix for the crust portion.
- 5 pastured eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 handful of spinach – chopped
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 3 TBL Collagen Peptides
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease muffin pan.
- Spoon 1 heaping TBL (which ends up being approx 2 TBL) of batter into each muffin compartment.
- Prep filling mixture.
- Spoon egg mixture into each compartment – 1/4 of the way below the top
- bake for about 30 mins or until egg is fully cooked.
- Allow the muffins to fully cool before removing them from the pan
Subscribe to my Beautycounter newsletter
Stay up to date on promotions and new products!