I’m not a huge hummus person. Store bought versions are typically made with unhealthy vegetable oils, like canola oil or some type of seed oil. Legumes can also be inflammatory for many people.
Don’t get me wrong though, it can be pretty tasty, but sweet potatoes really have my heart. They are delicious and are a great source of plant based carbs! This dip is one of my new favorites. The creamy whipped sweet potato pair perfectly with the spices and fresh ginger.
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes (aka 2 cups cooked, skin removed)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 TBL Lime juice
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp cayenne (more or less, to taste)
- 1 tsp coriander, freshly ground
- 1 inch fresh ginger root, peeled and sliced
- 1 date, pitted
- 1/2 tsp black pepper + more to taste
- 1 tsp sea salt
- handful chopped parsley
After putting the dip into a serving bowl garnish it with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil, cracked black pepper, chili flakes, and sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Cut two sweet potatoes lengthwise down the middle.
- Rub the cut sides with avocado oil and place cut side down on your baking sheet.
- Bake the sweet potatoes for 40-50 mins or until soft.
- Let the potatoes cool a bit and then peel and discard the skins.
- Put the sweet potato into a food processor along with the rest of the ingredients (except garnishes)
- Blend on high until creamy and smooth. You may need to scrape down the sides every so often to make sure everything gets evenly mixed.
- Scoop the dip out into your serving bowl. Use the back of a spoon to smooth it out. Sprinkle parsley over top along with your other garnishes.
Subscribe to my Beautycounter newsletter
Stay up to date on promotions and new products!